Frequently asked questions
Getting there National Park Rules
When you depart from Quito our bilingual airport assistant will help you with the check-in procedure (if the flight has been booked with the cruise operator).
Before check-in you have to pay your Ingala Galapagos Transit Control Card (US$ 20 per person in cash, since March 1, 2015).
Before check-in you have to get your luggage checked to ensure it doesn’t contain fruits, vegetables or dairy products, which can threaten the ecosystem of the Galapagos. Be sure that any footwear you bring is clean as well. Your luggage will be sealed.
Next you check-in at the desk and leave your luggage. Domestic airline regulations permit 20kg (44 lbs) per person for your luggage, excluded small carry-on flight bags.
Last straightforward chance: Don’t forget to get enough cash from the ATM at the airport of Quito or Guayaquil.
Upon arrival, you will first pass some disinfectant mats.
You will proceed through an airport inspection point where your TCT (Transit Control Card) will be checked and stamped (please keep this carefully with your passport as you will need to show it again when you leave the Galapagos).
At the desk you also have to pay the Galapagos National Park entrance fee in cash. There are no ATMs in this section of the arrival airports.
Extra US$ 5 fee for shuttle-transfers Baltra (Tame only)
The shuttle-buses from Baltra airport (Galapagos) to the docks charge an additional US$ 5 tax (one-way) to Tame passengers as of January 14, 2016. This extra fee does NOT apply to Avianca and LAN Airlines. We use Avianca Airlines for all ATC yachts. When flying with Tame Airlines ATC can prepay the shuttle-bus cost. Otherwise Tame passengers have to pay in cash at the Ecogal-desk upon arrival at Baltra.
To ensure that no foreign plants or animals are introduced to the islands, your hand luggage will be inspected as well (your main luggage has already been X-rayed before check-in).
Next you can pick-up your luggage.
At the arrival hall a naturalist guide will meet you and escort you on a short bus ride and an inflatable dinghy-ride to the yacht.
National Park Rules
• Do not remove or disturb any plant, rock or animal on the islands.
• Be careful not to transport any organic material to the islands or from island to island. Each island sustains unique species and cross-invasions may alter that uniqueness.
• Check your clothing for seeds and insects before disembarking the ship from the shore.
• Do not touch the animals.
• Do not feed the animals.
• Always remain on the path where designated.
• Always remain with your guide where required.
• Do not startle or chase any animal from its nest or resting place. Be extremely careful in and around breeding colonies.
• Do not litter on land or from the vessel whilst at sea.
• Do not buy any souvenirs made from any native animal part, coral or plant.
• Do not graffiti or deface rocks and plants on the islands.
• Do not hesitate to show your conservationist attitude and explain the rules to others.
Back to the frequently questions
Copyright © 2018 Nemo I Galapagos. All Rights Reserved